FREE SAMPLE QUESTIONS
The following questions cover all seven sections outlined in the blueprint for the Ontario College of Pharmacists Jurisprudence Exam. Choose the best answer from the choices. You have 10 minutes and 30 seconds to complete all seven questions.
1. Using the NAPRA Drug Schedules, what is the condition for sale for cholera vaccine (oral, inactivated) when used for prophylaxis against travellers' diarrhea & due to enterotoxigenic escherichia coli (ETEC)?
a) May be sold in any retail outlet.
b) May be sold from the self-selection area of the pharmacy.
c) Requires professional intervention from the pharmacist.
d) Requires a prescription.
2. Which of the following is required on a narcotic prescription as per Narcotic Safety and Awareness Act requirements?
b) Prescriber private phone number
c) Patient allergies
d) Prescriber license number
3) Which of the following is NOT required on an official prescription receipt?
a) Dispensing fee
c) Total price
d) Pharmacist signature
4) A manufacturer is selling a brand name product, which is priced at $5. There are two interchangeables: generic A (price is $1) and generic B (price is $2). All are confirmed to be benefits under the Ontario Drug Benefit plan. What is the price that the Ontario Drug Benefit will pay?
5) What happens when there is no pharmacist on duty during regular business hours at a community pharmacy?
a) A pharmacy technician can assume responsibility for activities.
b) Pharmacy must close.
c) Only blister packs may be checked during this time.
d) Patients may only pick up their medications.
6) Who is NOT regulated by the Ontario College of Pharmacists?
b) Pharmacy interns
c) Pharmacy technicians
d) Pharmacy wholesalers
7) LJ is a 18 year old female whose mother is in the pharmacy today. Her mother wants to know if LJ is on methadone treatment. As the pharmacist, you decline to answer her question. The ethical principle you are following is:
Create a free account today to view the answers!
If you liked these questions and would like to get access to the question bank, subscribe to our plan today!
Each multiple choice set contains 120 questions with an answer key. Visit Plans & Pricing for more details.